Originally, the museum was located in the left wing of the Palace of Culture of railwaymen named after S.M. Kirov. Small exhibition was arranged in two small rooms. The photos of K.S. Zaslonov and his friends-partisans were shown on the walls of the rooms.
On April 20, 1952 the former building of the House of Pioneers of the railway junction in 9 Molokova St. was added to the exposition where the museum is located today. On November 14, that is the day of the 10th anniversary of the K.S. Zaslonov death, a new exhibition was opened to public. The Belarusian State Museum of the Great Patriotic War gave a great help to the creation of this exposition. Former partisans, Zaslonov’s comrades at work and residents of Orsha participated in gathering of materials for the museum.
From 1973 to 1983 the museum experienced important changes. Acquisition of the funds became more qualitative, major repairs were carried out and an outhouse was made to the main structure of the building. In 1976 the museum’s exposition was reissued. The leading artists of Minsk such as V.N. Soloviev, R.S. Malinowskiy, V.N. Ermonin took part in its creation. In 1994, the history of the museum opened a new chapter: it became a branch of cultural institution "Museum complex of the history and culture of Orsha land." Since then the museum activities have improved in major areas such as museum work and exhibition activities.
Today, the museum contributes to promotion of patriotic education of young people, supports the international program of cooperation.
Exhibition activities have been shifted to a new level - topics of the exhibitions became wider, more interesting, the museum staff organize diverse cultural events, conduct extensive research work, attendance of the museum is growing due to the variety of thematic tours and quality of customer service.
Former partisans, war and labour veterans, the leaders and employees of the road junction and the city department of education continue to give a great help to the museum's work.